Three.js end-to-end testing
Simplify code reviews with quick pixel testing inside CI. The same screenshots are used for thumbnails.
If you get an error in e2e test after PR and you sure that all is correct, just make a new screenshot to example. As a last resort increase timeouts or add it to exception list.
# generate new screenshots for exact examples npm run make-screenshot <example1_name> ... <exampleN_name> # check exact examples npm run test-e2e <example1_name> ... <exampleN_name> # check all examples npm run test-e2e
Merge only those commits that pass the tests, otherwise all next commits will also fail.
How it works
- ci configs with parallelism
- deterministic random/timer/rAF/video for screenshots
- increased robustness with hided text, datgui, different flags and timeouts.
- pipeline: turn off rAF -> ‘networkidle0’ -> networkTax -> turn on rAF -> render promise
- added 3 progressive attempts for robustness
|61 from 362 failed, time=21:14||networkidle0 timeout|
|26 from 362 failed, time=16:22||with rAF hook|
|13=1+1+7+4 failed, time=4:26||with render promise and parallelism|
|4=0+0+2+2 failed, time=5:13||with network tax and other settings|
|4=0+0+2+2 failed, time=3:26||with progressive attempts|
97% examples are covered with tests. Check exception list for more information.